Wednesday, June 3, 2009

By chance?

Do you think things happen for a reason?

I have been seeing in my own life, as well as those of my clients a huge influx of acknowledging synchronistic events in our lives, more so now then before it seems. The first 'new age' book I ever read was The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, years ago it was gifted to me by a man I was seeing at the time, who I believe came into my life in the form of divine intervention. The relationship was short term, but very powerful. He was much older than I was, and I had just left a very bad, dysfunctional and abusive relationship. He showed up on New Years Eve...walked into my life, and I was never the same.
He sent a letter to me at my job one day, and it was a photocopy of the Random acts of kindness. He simply signed it. At that point in my life, I so needed that message. He gave me a copy of The Celestine Prophecy, I read it, and my life was literally changed forever. It pushed me on a path of seeking answers and truth to life's larger questions.

I am the woman I am today partly because of that relationship. We lost track of each other after about a year, it was never meant to be a long term romantic relationship, but what was needed from it, was indeed given on many levels. This man showed me a side to life that I had forgotten existed. He made me smile, and laugh. We traveled together, and I felt safe and secure with him. Something I hadn't felt in a long time. I believe it was a synchronistic event that he came into my life at all...let alone gave me a copy of the first book that partly made me who I am today.

One thing had to happen back then however, that I see relating to many of the same kind of happenings not only in my own life today, but in others I talk with in passing...was I had to let it in. Sometimes in life, something so out of the ordinary happens, that we tend to brush it off, dismiss it, explain it away, and we lose it.

Free will is what good and evil have been fighting over since the beginning of time. We always have a choice. I could have rationalized meeting him and walked away, and never looked back. I have no idea where I'd be today if I had done that. Something inside me made me stay. It went against all my survival instincts, instincts that had been built up over time due to how I grew up, and what I had been through up until them. Everything in my head said run away, don't trust this, but I refused to listen for some reason. Instead I took it day by day, and everyday I made myself be still, and open. That was it...

Having a book cross your path seems so simple. So meaningless perhaps. But for me it was one of the most defining and powerful realizations I needed then. I look back on that time in my life with so much appreciation not only for him, but for myself. I am so glad I paid attention, and trusted my intuitive sense instead of my mind.

When something, or someone, crosses your path...wait. See what happens. Stay open. What is the message?

It is my belief today, that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Even the seeming less nonsense, has a purpose. So many things have to align for two people to cross paths, its unimaginable. When this happens and you are AWARE it has happened, and you know it is powerful, you still have a choice. Stay or go? Stay or go? Back and forth you will go inside, rationalizing, over thinking, survival instincts will set in because of what you have been through in your life. So it is to be human.

I would like for you to consider the possibility of staying. Wait for the miracle. Don't leave just before it shows itself to you. You will know when you have what you need, and then it will fade by itself.

Some things come and go for awhile, a season, or a lifetime. Sometimes several lifetimes..
Is it possible we plan for these events prior to coming here? If we knew we were 'going in', and wouldn't remember our mission while there, would we arrange crossings, synchronistic events, to help guide us, to remember our higher purpose here?

Free will is a powerful thing. In fact it is the only thing we as human beings, really ever 'control'. Control free will, and you control the world. Reclaim your free will, and you free yourself in ways you could never imagine.

Trust what crosses your path today. Trust the higher meaning. Stay for the miracle. Expand your consciousness beyond its comfort zone.

xoxo
Hillary

4 comments:

Steven said...

Very interesting read. I never read Celestine Prophecies, but I do agree with you that events happen for a reason. Maybe some might even be coincidence, but sometimes we can make something out of them. It's up to us. Others are obviously not coincidence, and to truly recognize and take advantage of those events results in blessings, I believe. Perhaps me coming upon your website was not by accident? I enjoy it very much.
Regards,
Steve

Hillary R. Raimo said...

HI Steve,

Perhaps you should read the book! Its great....and perhaps not by chance you have come across this post? ;-)

xoxo
H

Steven said...

I will pick it up soon. I bumped it up to next on my reading list.

Perhaps it isn't by chance that I came across your post. What good things do you think are in store for me, and you, now that I've bumped into you in this life, hmmm?

I wonder.

Steve

Hillary R. Raimo said...

Everything happens for a reason!